COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
Of further note about the information we collect:
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on Lucent Diamonds, then we collect your name and the contact information you provide. You can customize some of the information displayed in your Lucent Diamonds account by going to your profile settings. You have an obligation to provide us accurate information.
- Communications: When you join Lucent Diamonds by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as permitted by law, you are opting in to receive emails from us or about Lucent Diamonds. You can manage your email and notice preferences in account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
It may be possible to disable Cookies through your device or browser settings. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. However, doing so may affect your ability to use the Site. If you are not comfortable with the above uses of Cookies, please do not use this Site.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your email address associated with your account registration) to third-parties to use for their own marketing purposes. We may share some information about you with third parties in connection with your use of the Site. Our information sharing with third-parties fall into these categories and purposes:
- Agents, Contractors, and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents and contractors or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Site, fulfill your requests or authorized commercial transactions, or provide customer support.
- Analytics and Usage: We may share user information in the aggregate, with third parties, such as advertisers, professionals, and business. For example, we may disclose to a business the number of users that have viewed their product.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
- European Privacy Rights: If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you through the Service. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the Service. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us. To exercise any of these rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements. If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a European supervisory authority.
ACCOUNT TERMINATION AND DATA RETENTION
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
DATA IN THE UNITED STATES
Any information you provide through the Site may be transferred to, stored in, or processed in the United States.
SAFE HARBOR ADHERENCE
We adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union (EU), and have Safe Harbor self-assessment procedures in place. The Safe Harbor program is intended to provide equivalent protections for personal data as exist in the EU. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement. For more information about the Safe Harbor and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor website at https://www.export.gov/safeharbor_eu.
QUESTIONS AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If you have any questions about our Safe Harbor participation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe that we have not satisfactorily addressed your data privacy concerns related to the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Privacy Principles, and without prejudice to any other remedy you may enjoy, you may obtain dispute resolution services through the International Centre for Dispute Resolution, a division of the American Arbitration Association. To use these services, you can file a claim at https://apps.adr.org/webfile/.
If you are a European or Australian citizen and would like to have access to personal information we collect, you contact us with your request at email@example.com. A processing fee may apply as permitted by applicable law.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES